Who we are
We're dedicated to solving problems.
Minnesota Women's Care is the best resource for women who want to solve complex health and pelvic floor issues. We work with each and every patient to find the best path forward to restore good health and the ability to live life to the fullest. We listen to you.
Our Urogynecology Team
Minnesota Women's Care has two urogynecologists on staff: Dr. Melvin Ashford and Dr. Emily Myer. They each bring a unique perspective to the medical care they provide.
Dr. Ashford was one of the first board certified urogynecologists in the state of Minnesota and has a track record of more than 17 years of clinical and surgical excellence. Patients really like his professional, thoughtful, and kind approach.
Dr. Myer completed her Urogynecology (Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery) fellowship at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD – one of the top three Urogynecology fellowships in the United States. She has an extraordinary ability to explain conditions and treatment options that makes even the most complex issues so understandable.
Surgery is NOT the only answer!
Our innovative and comprehensive treatment programs start with an accurate diagnosis. We use rehabilitative and curative care plans that are attentive to our patients' emotional, educational and physical needs.
Remember: Surgery is NOT the only answer. Our urogynecologists offer a number of non-surgical options that have helped many women find relief from troublesome symptoms. These treatments include in-house pelvic floor therapy, platelet-rich plasma injections, laser treatments, urethral bulking procedures, and Urgent PC. We’ll work with you to find the right solution.
We're here for you
Talk with us. We can help.
Make an appointment with Dr. Ashford or Dr. Myer and take that first step to restoring your health. Simply let us know with this form and we'll be back in touch with appointment options. You can also call us directly during business hours at 651-600-3035.
Here's what our patients have said:
- Professional, kind and compassionate, if you suffer from hormone issues and incontinence you have to call this clinic and get an appointment!
- I recently had surgery performed by Dr Ashford to correct some prolapse issues. I was extremely impressed with his level of competence and caring throughout the process. I totally trusted him,the surgery was a total success at this point with followup appointments scheduled to make sure I have healed correctly.
He is an exceptional surgeon who cares personally about each of his patients. I definitely recommend Dr Ashford to any women with pelvic issues.
- Amazing staff! They listen to your issues and address them. Super kind and caring. Also, very knowledgeable! love Dr. Myer!
- Dr. Myer is an incredible doctor! I recently had surgery with Dr. Myer and she has been amazing through the entire process. From diagnosis, making a care plan, pre-op and post-op she has listened to my concerns, is detailed in her explanations of things, and has been so incredibly caring! She has been such a blessing and I highly recommend her!
- I have had incredible results working with Dr. Ashford and his staff. Before meeting with him I had been dealing with severe pelvic pain for over two years. Most doctors, even specialists, did not know how to reduce my pain level. I had tried many therapies and nothing had worked until I met Dr. Ashford. After a few months working with him and his therapy and medication treatment I have seen a dramatic improvement with my symptoms. These people really know what they are doing and are patient and compassionate enough to take the time to listen and explore the many options that can help you. I highly recommend you give Minnesota Women's Care a chance to help you feel your best!
- From February 2013 to November 2013, I worked with Dr. Ashford's staff with use of the In-Tone device to strengthen my pelvic floor muscles. It was a very good experience, and I still use the device. This is a great alternative to try for bladder leakage.
- Dr. Ashford is the best! Being a doctor that is both a gynecologist and an urologist he has been able to help me solve all of my issues, not just some of them. Even when I was questioning what was going on, he has remained calm and has always had a plan. He also has explained everything in a way that I could understand.
- I went months thinking that I had chronic bladder or vaginal infections. I took tons of antibiotics. Dr. Ashford told me that it was not an infection, but possibly a pelvic floor problem. WOW, I never would have guessed, and took the extra time to teach me about my issue. Pain free now, and I have worked with so many providers at the clinic besides Dr. Ashford. So many kind and professional people here to help.
Again, thank you so much.
- My experience with Dr Ashford has been very positive in getting me back to good health after my surgery. I have had two surgeries with him and good results. Dr Ashford and nurses are a great team in providing healthy experience. Rachael, Andrea have done the uroystem treatment with me great success along with others that have assisted. I love Women's Care and have referred others to the clinic. Very helpful and supportive. Thanks.
- Minnesota Women's Care offers very extensive care for every woman and their needs. The facility is always clean. The staff is always friendly and helpful. I myself go weekly for Urostym treatment for my Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. This treatment has been very beneficial for me. Dr. Ashford is so knowledgeable about every aspect of a women's body. I would HIGHLY recommend him to every woman.
About Pelvic Floor Disorders
What conditions are treated by Urogynecologists?
Urogynecology is the diagnosis and treatment of pelvic floor disorders which involve the complex system of muscles, ligaments, connective tissue, and nerves that help support and control the rectum, uterus, vagina, and bladder. Damage to the pelvic floor can occur for any number of reasons including childbirth, repeated heavy lifting, chronic disease or surgery.
Our urogynecologists treat a full range of pelvic floor disorders, including:
- Urinary incontinence: loss of bladder or bowel control with leakage of urine or feces
- Prolapse: descent of pelvic organs; a bulge and/or pressure; “dropped” uterus, bladder, vagina or rectum
- Emptying disorders: difficulty urinating or moving bowels
- Pelvic pain: discomfort to the lower back, pelvis or bladder and/or urethra
- Overactive Bladder: frequent need to void, bladder pressure, urgency, urge incontinence (difficulty holding back urine when having the urge to urinate)
- Fistulas: abnormal hole between the vagina and rectum (recto-vaginal), vagina and urethra (urethrovaginal), or vagina and the bladder (vesicovaginal)